You don't want to miss this year's
MA Officer Camp!
For 24 years, MA has been a pioneer in the officer dance training industry.
While constantly revising the curriculum to meet the needs of today's officers, MA Dance has always maintained one primary goal and philosophy:
TO PRODUCE DYNAMIC LEADERS, TRAIN ACCOMPLISHED DANCERS, AND DEVELOP EFFECTIVE STUDENT ROLE MODELS!
Our staff has extensive background in all dance genres and will share their energy and passion with your Officers throughout their camp experience.
FEATURES OF 2017 MA DANCE OFFICER CAMP:
- Powerful technique workshops to transform your practice and performance
- Powerful leadership workshops to encourage energized practices through new motivation techniques
- Powerful director workshops with an emphasis on movement workshops to use to energize your classes
- Powerful dance choreography to energize your halftimes and contest dances
- Powerful energized fun night for all campers
- Powerful social officer workshops to prepare them for the year of energized activities
- Special Guest Instructor- Dan Gibson
Dan is the whole package- a dance educator, choreographer, performer, and adjudicator. His resume is full of professional experience that translates to passion for dance and a personal motivation to share all that he has learned with others.
THE ENERGY FACTOR
- Special Guest Instructor
- VIDEO CRITIQUES BY INSTRUCTORS immediately following your 1st camp evaluation and the Choreography Project
- DIRECTORS CHOOSE BETWEEN PARTICIPATION OR EVALUATION for their officer line
- OUTSTANDING ROUTINES for both field and pep rallies containing NO REPEATS
- TECHNIQUE CLASS daily that will emphasize genre specific technical emphasis on how to breakdown, teach and correct team members.
- YEAR-ROUND SOCIAL OFFICER PLANNING that will inspire incredible events and activities
- DVD OF OFFICER CAMP ROUTINES given to all Directors
Don't miss out on this Engergizing Educational Experience for your students!
Each officer line will develop its own powerful style of motivation, leadership, discipline, and unity through an increased "hands on" training while working with other officers lines under the guidance and mentorship of our championship team of instructors.
- Captain & Lieutenant meetings detailing duties and responsibilities
- Proper instruction of teaching & correcting dance technique at rehearsals
- DVD viewing of Officer Dance Curriculum during registration
- Extensive technique classes and motivational sessions
- A extensive of different field, pep rally, & advanced routines without repeats
- Choreography projects for each attending officer line
- Proven teaching techniques that work and produce quick results
- Polishing and perfecting team routines from a professional viewpoint
- Early evaluation of choreography projects to provide more practice time
- Optional home routine performance/evaluation
- Ribbons for “Most Disciplined” Officer Lines
- Leadership seminars & activities taught through “hands-on” experience
- Workshops/dances taught by our staff & highly acclaimed guest instructors
Dance & Social Officer Curriculums are offered!
Top Ten Officer Lines recognized for Highest composite scores at camp!
Officer Camp Routine DVD Given to ALL DIRECTORS!
Camp Fees for 2017 4-day Hotel Officer Camps Include:
- 3 night's hotel accommodations
- 9 meals beginning with lunch on Day 1 of camp
- all dance and leadership instruction
- an officer camp t-shirt
- sample schedule (this is a schedule from previous years, there will be changes for 2017)
To view camp fees, please view our main camp fees page.
Marriot Westchase Hotel is located at 2900 Briarpark Dr, Houston, TX 77042. Your camp fees include meals and lodging. Rooming lists must be turned in to the MA Dance Office.
NOTE: Adults/students attending this location must make hotel reservations through the MA Dance office. Rooms are limited so please submit your rooming list to our office prior to May 12.
Quad Occupancy Pricing /
Rooming configurations for officer groups that don't fill quad rooms
Pricing for this camp is based on officers rooming in quad rooms. Questions always come up on how to assign rooms when your team does not fill all quad occupancy rooms. In general, as you assign rooms, you can have no more than 2 triple occupancy rooms for your students. If a double room situation is created, those two students will room with two students from another school. Or you can pay an additional fee of $175 to keep those two students in their own double room.
For more examples of room assignments, please view our room configuration suggestions.
Directors are the glue that holds the team together! We have developed a powerful program to benefit and facilitate your needs for the coming year!
- Director staff development workshops
- A Dance combos designed for your dance classes
- A New technology sessions to utilize with your team
- Lesson plan examples that incorporate TEKS based strategies A
- Extensive Music CD including edited selections for any audience A
- Flexibility to choose from many new workshops
Click here for Officer Camp
Forms & Schedules
Independent Choreography Project & Social Officer Project
A username and password has been sent out to all registered directors. If you have not received your username and password, please contact the office or register your officers for camp right away. These projects are to be completed prior to camp.
I also wanted to say that is was another excellent Officer Camp. We especially enjoyed Yoshi—excellent teaching style, fun, upbeat, and great choreography! You all continue to prove every year that you are the best. We attend other camps on occasion to learn different styles of choreography, and it is always proven that MA is the Camp to attend.
Stacy Gonzalez, Corpus Christi, TX
As the director and now former head of the El Paso Fine Arts Dance Program,
I have been taking 3-5 high schools from our district to the MA Dance officer camp for the past several years.
It has been invaluable for our students to receive both the leadership and dance training they will need for a successful year.
Even though we must fly everyone each year, it has been an invaluable experience and we would not consider going anywhere else.
Patsy Kimble, El Paso, TX
I really enjoy learning routines that are useful for my officers and team. The MA instructors are so talented and renowned throughout the country. This is the perfect combination
between leadership and motivational training as well as dance choreography.
Darby Boyd, Katy TX
Social Officer Curriculum
MA Dance will provide a proven Social Officer training program which compliments your dance
officers and creates a wonderful year for the director and team. Our one primary goal and philosophy will be to produce officers who are:
CREATIVE, EFFECTIVE PLANNERS, INSPIRATIONAL MOTIVATORS, AND TIME MANAGEMENT EXPERTS
Our curriculum will focus on the production of several "team specific" gifts and recognition items that will be utilized throughout the entire year. These new exciting projects are
guaranteed to stimulate creativity as well as generate and complete great ideas at inexpensive costs. This program includes:
- Defining social officer duties and responsibilities
- Academic recognition celebrations and awards
- Planning and laying out your entire calendar year in your MA Planner
- Leaving with several completed sets of gifts & recognition items for your team
- Selecting a dance from our fabulous social officer camp curriculum
- Guest experts teaching arts & crafts
- Evaluation of dance for social officers
- Round table share sessions with other officers
- Spirit workshops
- *Home routine ribbons & plaques for outstanding execution & choreography
- Birthday celebrations and so much more!
Although graded on different criteria, the awards for both Dance and Social Officers will be similar in the appearance.
HOME ROUTINE: This Optional Evaluation is held the evening prior to camp registration beginning at 7PM. Home Routine plaques will be presented to the top scoring performances at awards on the final day of camp.
ROUTINE EVALUATIONS: Each dance officer line will perform one of our camp routines taught the first day either for evaluation
or for the performance experience. On the last day of camp, the Dance Officers may then select one other routine learned during the week to
perform for final evaluation or performance experience. In addition, these officers can choose to be evaluated on a choreography project held
earlier in the week as well as their written leadership profile notebook. Social Officers may choose to be critiqued or non-compete on their dance
learned as a group and on their performance during the week.
STRIVE TO BE BRONZE LEVEL...SILVER LEVEL...GOLD LEVEL: Trophies will be given to both dance officer lines
and social officer groups based upon their choice to compete or gain performance experience. The Bronze, Silver, or Gold awards are based on
the composite score from evaluations and projects they have completed during the camp. The "Most Disciplined Awards" that have exemplary behavior throughout camp.